Monday, January 6, 2014

One Direction releases designer prescription glasses! #1D

Hey guys!

Okay, so I have a confession... I am a die-hard fan of One Direction.

Yep.

Please do not judge me! One Direction is actually a really good band. Of course, they have their own dirty rumors just like any celebrity has, but I personally love their songs and they are decent and adorable people. They played a major role in many moments of my life where I felt useless. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion so if you do not like them, I respect it if you respect mine. :)

One Direction is the infamous and charming boyband melting the hearts of countless fans. 2013 was a wonderful year for them: their biopic This Is US was released, thousands copies of Midnight Memories, their third album, were sold in the entire world, and their perfume Our Moment is available in stores. One Direction concluded the year with an exciting release of a new merchandise: Vision Express, a British prescription eyewear store, released a designer line of frames inspired by One Direction! Cool, right?

One Direction + glasses = explosion of cuteness
The frames are only available in UK and they are supposedly tailored for pre-teen girls. Being an older fan of the boys, I can't wear them and besides, I don't wear prescription glasses, but it does not stop me from ogling at these glasses! Here is a couple of my favorites:

148444 – £131.00 / £40 with NHS
I love the signatures on the side and the purple gradient! It also comes in a reddish color.

148448 – £131.00 / £40 with NHS
The marble effect is nice and I love the brown color. It also comes in purple.
You guys can probably notice that my favorites are ''nerd'' glasses or similar to the famous Ray-Ban Wayfarer style, and you are completely right! If my vision were to blurry, this is the style I would go for. It is flattering on everyone, boy and girl. I would lie if I would to say that I never dream of Harry Styles or Zayn Malik wearing this type of glasses...

The frames retail for £131.00 (roughly C$235) each. You can view other frames of the line here.

Did you like any frame of this exclusive line or do you think the whole line is ridiculous?

See you later! xox

- Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starbucks Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino