Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sherlock's ''The Sign of Three'' Review (Series 3, Episode 2)

*ATTENTION: there are spoilers for Sherlock (2010). You have been warned.*

Hey guys!

I have posted a review of The Empty Hearse, which is the first episode of Sherlock's anticipated new season. I have watched the second episode, The Sign of Three, and you will be reading my thoughts about it! You can read my first review of the season's first episode here.

As all the fans - or known as Sherlockians - know, the second episode of the latest season involves the wedding of Mary Morstan and John Watson! Throughout the episode, Sherlock handles one of his toughest acts he had to do: delivering a best man's speech! However, a certain incident is about to happen during the wedding and Sherlock must solve it to avoid it to disturb the ceremony.


The episode is quite different from the rest. It consists mainly of Sherlock's speech where he talks about John and some of the memorable crimes they solved together. This lasts for an hour. Despite the different nature of the episode, I love it. Why? Mainly it explores the deepness of the duo's relationship. I was emotional at the part where Sherlock basically says that he would not be able to solve his cases if John wasn't there. It really shows how friendship is about forgiving and being together no matter what.


Needless to say that the speech and its content was my favorite part of the episode. Of course, Sherlock would be nothing without a case to solve so there was one. I somewhat liked it because I feel it wasn't really exciting, but I like how it is connected to Sherlock's speech and I was surprised by Irene Adler's surprise appearance. We were even able to see Sherlock twirl!

He's a better dancer than me...
I really, really liked the ending because it revealed that Mary is pregnant! However, I also liked it because Sherlock seems confused. After the marriage, will Sherlock be able to be with John? Will the duo remain together, especially that John will have many responsibilities as a husband and a father? The ending left on an eerie note and the final episode is due to conclude the season.

So that's my review! I hope you guys like it. Although the episode is not my favorite, The Sign of Three was enjoyable. Did you guys like it? Or if you did not watch Sherlock, would you consider watching it despite the many spoilers I said?

Take care guys xox

- Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starbucks Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino